This cockpit provides an overview of the efficiency of your marketing campaigns on Google Ads.
It is composed of 5 main sections:
- 1. Awareness
- 2. Engagement
- Investment Efficiency
- Most Efficient Keywords
- Top Campaigns
This section shows how your campaigns drive your brand awareness:
This section shows how your campaigns drive the engagement of your audience:
This section shows the efficiency of your digital investments:
Most Efficient Keywords
This section shows which keywords are the most efficient to create engagement with your audience. The size of the keyword is based on the Total Clicks and the color is driven by the CPC (Cost per Click).
Performance by Campaign
For your top 5 campaigns (based on Total Impressions), you can visualize at the following KPIs (the trend line shows the evolution over the last 12 months, the horizontal shows the current period value)
- Total Impressions
- CPM (Cost per 1'000 impressions)
- Total Clicks
- CPC (Cost per Click)
- CTR (Click-Through-Rate)
- Total Cost
Select Current Period
'Current Month' and 'Current Year' selectors allow you to easily select what is the period (month and year) you want to analyze.
Select Performance Scope
'Performance Scope' selector allows you to easily switch from one type of Performance Analysis to another.
Just pick-up what you want to analyze:
There are five types of Performance Analysis available:
- Current Month vs Previous Month (e.g. if you selected Nov-2017 as being your current month, you will analyze Nov-2017 vs Nov-2016)
- Current Month vs Same Month, Previous Year (e.g. if you selected Nov-2017 as being your current month, you will analyze Nov-2017 vs Oct-2017)
- Current Month: Actual vs Target (e.g. if you selected Nov-2017 as being your current month, you will analyze Actual Nov-2017 vs Target Nov-2017)
- Year-to-Date: Current Year vs Previous Year (e.g. if you selected Nov-2017 as being your current month, you will analyze YTD Nov-2017 vs YTD Nov-2016)
- Year-to-Date: Actual vs Target (e.g. if you selected Nov-2017 as being your current month, you will analyze Actual YTD Nov-2017 vs Target YTD Nov-2017)
Note: 'Current Month: Actual vs Target' and 'Year-to-Date: Actual vs Target' are only available in the list if at least one of your KPIs is defined as having a related Target.
Filter your data
This data visualization comes with four top filters:
In your Google Ads dashboard, you will be able to filter on:
- Ad Distribution NetworkThe networks used to deliver your ads (Content, Search, Search Partners...) [Advertising - ga:adDistributionNetwork]
- CampaignCampaign [Advertising - ga:campaign]
- Ad GroupThe name of your AdWords ad group [Advertising - ga:adGroup]
- KeywordTraffic Source [Acquisition - ga:sourceMedium]
How to read a KPI Card
This DataViz shows the performance of a given KPI.
It combines three components.
- In the foreground, you can see the KPI name, its value and a symbol that indicates whether the KPI is above or under the reference (the reference is defined by the chosen value in the Performance Scope selector). This first component is colored depending on the evaluation.
- In the background, an area chart shows the monthly evolution of the KPI across the last 24 months based on the selected period.
- Below the chart, the variance in % vs the reference is displayed.