The Web Traffic Acquisition page helps you understanding the acquisition Sources and Media of your Web Site.
It is composed of two data visualizations:
- Web Traffic Evolution per Medium: visualize and compare the evolution of Total Sessions per Medium
- Performance per Source: analyze the Total Sessions per Medium and Source
Web Traffic Evolution per Media
This viz helps you understanding which Media drive your Web Site Traffic. Also, get insight on the monthly trend for each Medium (cpc, organic, referral).
Performance per Source
Analyze Total Sessions per Medium. For each Medium, get the breakdown by Source.
For the Total Sessions KPI, get the variance (Δ) and variance percentage (Δ%) against your selected reference (see "Select Performance Scope™") for details.
Select Current Period
'Current Month' and 'Current Year' selectors allow you to easily select what is the period (month and year) you want to analyze.
Select Performance Scope
'Performance Scope' selector allows you to easily switch from one type of Performance Analysis to another.
Just pick-up what you want to analyze:
There are five types of Performance Analysis available:
- Current Month vs Previous Month (e.g. if you selected Nov-2017 as being your current month, you will analyze Nov-2017 vs Nov-2016)
- Current Month vs Same Month, Previous Year (e.g. if you selected Nov-2017 as being your current month, you will analyze Nov-2017 vs Oct-2017)
- Current Month: Actual vs Target (e.g. if you selected Nov-2017 as being your current month, you will analyze Actual Nov-2017 vs Target Nov-2017)
- Year-to-Date: Current Year vs Previous Year (e.g. if you selected Nov-2017 as being your current month, you will analyze YTD Nov-2017 vs YTD Nov-2016)
- Year-to-Date: Actual vs Target (e.g. if you selected Nov-2017 as being your current month, you will analyze Actual YTD Nov-2017 vs Target YTD Nov-2017)
Note: 'Current Month: Actual vs Target' and 'Year-to-Date: Actual vs Target' are only available in the list if at least one of your KPIs is defined as having a related Target.
Filter your data
This data visualization comes with four top filters that allows to focus on what really matters.
In your Google Analytics dashboard, you will be able to filter on:
- Channel GroupingThe default channel grouping that is chared within the View (Profile) [Acquisition - ga:channelGrouping]
- Device CategoryThe type of devide: desktop, tablet, or mobile [Users - ga:deviceCategory]
- CountryThe countries of users [Users - ga:country]
- Source / MediumTraffic Source [Acquisition - ga:sourceMedium]