You want to boost your productivity with Tableau and thus decided to leverage LinPack? We love you :-)
First, map your data model into a Tableau workbook, and upload it to our platform.
In LinPack, there are two ways of generating Tableau dashboards:
- Tailored Configuration
- Business Template
This method of creating a Tableau dashboard in LinPack drives you through a 3 steps wizzard:
- Pick-up your key dimensions: From the list of the dimensions contained in your workbook, pick-up
- The dimensions which makes sense from an analytical standpoint
- The 4 dimensions which will be used as key filters in your dashboard (displayed at the top right of each dashboard page)
- Define your KPIs: Easily define the KPIs you need in your dashboard:
- Simple KPIs: aggregation rule applied on an attribute on your workbook (e.g. 'Turnover' = SumOf([Sales Amount]))
- Combined KPIs: calculation rule applied on two KPIs (e.g. 'Sales Margin %' = 'Total Sales Margin' / 'Turnover')
- Select from our gallery of Data Visualization: We created a set of data visualizations from which you can select the ones you want in your dashboards. They will ve instantiated on your own Data Model and previously defined KPIs
Once, just, just download your workbook updated with your configuration. It is fully functional!
Use this method when:
- The business subject of your dashboard is not proposed as a Business Template in LinPack
- When your KPIs are really specific to your activity
- When you want to specifically select the Data Visualizations you want
This method of creating Tableau dashboards in LinPack leverages our experience in building business dashboards over the last 20 years.
For some businesses, we actually consolidated market best-practices around KPIs and data visualizations. Then we packed all this knowledge into some Dashboard templates.
For each of those templates, we defined a set of attributes which are required to build the dashboard. Based on this set of attributes, LinPack will automatically generate a dashboard in the chosen business containing:
- Pre-defined Business KPIs
- Pre-defined Business Dashboard pages
To build the dashboard, you just have to map the attributes of your workbook to the template attributes and you are done ! For instance, the template requires a 'Sales Amount' attribute, you will map on it the attribute 'Sales USD' from your workbook.
Today, we provide business dashboard templates on:
Use this method when:
- You want to benefit from market best-practices for one business
- You want get a fantastic dashboard created in less than 30 seconds :-)
The dashboards created by LinPack are ready to be used as-is, or use LinPack as a development accelerator for further development :-)