You want to boost your productivity with Tableau and thus decided to leverage LinPack? We love you :-)
First, map your data model into a Tableau workbook, and upload it to our platform.
In LinPack, there are two ways to create Tableau dashboards:
- Leverage our pre-built Dashboard Templates
- Create your Custom dashboard
Our dashboard templates consolidate best-practices from domain experts around the globe.
Each dashboard template comes with market best-practices around KPIs and data visualizations.
For each template, we defined a set of attributes which are required to build the dashboard.
Based on this set of attributes, LinPack will automatically create your dashboard for the domain your chose:
- Pre-defined Business KPIs (all the pre-defined KPIs are editable so you can adapt to your own definition)
- Pre-defined Data Visualizations
To build the dashboard, you just have to create an initial workbook file where you map the attributes required for the template, you upload it our platform, do the field mapping and download your ready-to-use/ready-to-customize dashboard!
Use this method when:
- You want to benefit from market best-practices in terms of business analysis
- You want get a fantastic dashboard created in less than 30 seconds :-)
You do not find the dashboard template you need?
No worry, yan can create your own template online in a couple of minutes.
You will create your dashboard template in three steps:
- Pick-up your key dimensions: From the list of the dimensions contained in your workbook, pick-up
- The dimensions which makes sense from an analytical standpoint
- The 4 dimensions which will be used as top filters in your dashboard
- Define your KPIs: Easily define the KPIs you need in your dashboard:
- Simple KPIs: aggregation rule applied on an attribute on your workbook (e.g. 'Turnover' = SumOf([Sales Amount]))
- Combined KPIs: calculation rule applied on two KPIs (e.g. 'Sales Margin %' = 'Total Sales Margin' / 'Turnover')
- Select your preferred DataViz from our gallery of Data Visualizations: We created a set of data visualizations from which you can select the ones you want in your dashboard.
Once, just, just download your workbook updated with your configuration. It is fully functional!
Use this method when:
- The business subject of your dashboard is not proposed as a Business Template in LinPack
- When your KPIs are really specific to your activity
- When you want to specifically select the Data Visualizations you want
The dashboards created by LinPack are ready to be used as-is, or use LinPack as a development accelerator for further customization :-)