- Operating Costs, COGS
- Operating Expenses; OpEx
- Depreciations & Amortizations
- Interests & Taxes
- ...add your own attributes!
To get your Income Statement dashboard, you need to provide a Tableau workbook file with (at least) the following 5 attributes (the name of your attributes can differ):
- Month Month (Date type) (Date used for time-series analysis)
- Company Legal Entity, Company, Cost Center...(or any level of detail of your choice)
- Revenues Sales, Revenues
- Operating Costs, COGS Operating Costs, COGS (Cost of Goods Sold) [positive value expected]
- Operating Expenses; OpEx Operating Expenses, OpEx [positive value expected]
- Depreciations & Amortizations Depreciations + Amortizations [positive value expected]
- Interests & Taxes Interests + Taxes [positive value expected]
Your Income Statement dashboard will contain 12 KPIs
- Total RevenuesSum of Revenues
- COGSCost of goods sold (COGS, also known as 'Cost of Sales') refers to the direct costs attributable to the production of the goods sold in a company. This amount includes the cost of the materials used in creating the good along with the direct labor costs used to produce the good. It excludes indirect expenses such as distribution costs and sales force costs.
- Gross MarginAmount left over from Revenues after Costs of Goods Sold are subtracted (also called 'Gross Profit'): Revenues - COGS
- Gross Margin %Gross Margin / Revenues (%)
- OpExOperating Expenses: Expenditures (that is, cash out) that a company makes to generate income (also called 'SG&A Expenses'): S&M Expenses, R&D Expenses, G&A Expenses
- OpEx to Revenues ratioOpEx / Revenues (%)
- Deprec. & Amort.Amortizations and depreciations are methods of prorating the cost of business assets over the course of their useful life
- Operating IncomeEarnings before interest and taxes -> profits before taking away interest charges and tax payments: Gross Margin - (OpEx + Depreciations + Amortizations)
- Operating Income %Share of Operating Income on Total Revenues: Operating Income / Revenues (%)
- Interests & TaxesSum of Interests & Taxes
- Net IncomeNet Income: Operating Income - (Interests + Taxes)
- Net Income %Net Income / Revenues (%)
Dashboard Pages & Data Visualizations
Your Income Statement dashboard will contain 9 pages
Income Statement Cockpit
Income Statement Top Performers
Income Statement: What-if Analysis
Income Statement: Waterfall
Creating your INCOME STATEMENT dashboard Step-by-Step
You want to get a clear understanding on your Income Statement results? You want to build a Tableau dashboard to better understand your Income Statement data?
Using LinPack-for-Tableau.com, you can generate an eye-catching, fit-for-purpose Tableau Dashboard on your Income Statement data in less than 5 minutes!
1st STEP: Create the initial Tableau workbook file
Create a Tableau workbook in which you map your Income Statement data (whether it comes from: ERP, database, Excel, CSV file...)
You must retrieve at least the following attributes (it is ok if the names don't match, and it is better to add additional attributes to analyze):
2nd STEP: Upload your Tableau workbook file
On LinPack-for-Tableau.com, select 'create dashboard from template: Income Statement' and upload your Tableau workbook (note: your data is NOT uploaded).
3rd STEP: Map your attributes
Map the attributes of your workbook on the attributes of the template.
Finally, click 'Confirm & Download'... and your Income Statement dashboard is already downloading :-)
Open the Tableau workbook file you received, it will automatically reconnect to your data sources.
Your Income Statement dashboard is now ready to be used or customized!