- Ad Distribution Network
- Ad Group
- Ad Content
- Destination URL
- Time on Page
- Session Duration
- ...add your own attributes!
To get your Google Ads dashboard, you need to provide a Tableau workbook file with (at least) the following 5 attributes (the name of your attributes can differ):
- Date Reference date [ga:date] *** Use Google Analytics connector to extract data in Tableau *** (Date used for time-series analysis)
- Ad Distribution Network The networks used to deliver your ads (Content, Search, Search Partners...) [Advertising - ga:adDistributionNetwork]
- Campaign Campaign [Advertising - ga:campaign]
- Ad Group The name of your AdWords ad group [Advertising - ga:adGroup]
- Ad Content Ad Content [Advertising - ga:adContent]
- Destination URL The URL to which your Adwords ads referred traffic [Advertising - ga:adDestinationURL]
- Keyword Traffic Source [Acquisition - ga:sourceMedium]
- Cost Derived cost for the advertising campaign [Advertising - ga:adCost]
- Impressions The total number of campaign impressions [Advertising - ga:impressions]
- Clicks The total number of times users have clicked on an add to reach your property [Advertising - ga:adClicks]
- PageViews The total number of pageviews for your property [Page Tracking - ga:pageviews]
- Sessions The total number of sessions [Session - ga:sessions]
- Bounces The total number of single page (or single engagement hit) sessions for your property [Session - ga:bounces]
- Time on Page How long a user spent on a particular page in seconds [Page Tracking - ga:timeOnPage]
- Session Duration The total duration of user sessions represented in total seconds [Users - ga:sessionDuration]
Your Google Ads dashboard will contain 13 KPIs
- Total CostTotal derived cost for the advertising campaign
- Total ImpressionsTotal number of campaign impressions
- CPM (Cost per 1'000 impressions)Average Cost per 1'000 impressions
- CTR (Click-Through-Rate)Click Through Rate: Total Clicks / Total Impressions
- Impressions per ClickAverage number of impressions to generate one click
- Total ClicksTotal number of times users have clicked on an add to reach your property
- CPC (Cost per Click)Average cost per click
- Total SessionsTotal number of sessions
- Total PageviewsTotal number of pageviews
- Total BouncesTotal number of bounces
- Bounce %Bounce rate
- Avg Duration (s)Average duration per Session (s)
- Avg PageviewsTotal of pageviews per session
Dashboard Pages & Data Visualizations
Your Google Ads dashboard will contain 7 pages
Google Ads Cockpit
Google Ads Top Performers
Creating your GOOGLE ADS dashboard Step-by-Step
You want to get a clear understanding on your Google Ads results? You want to build a Tableau dashboard to better understand your Google Ads data?
Using LinPack-for-Tableau.com, you can generate an eye-catching, fit-for-purpose Tableau Dashboard on your Google Ads data in less than 5 minutes!
1st STEP: Create the initial Tableau workbook file
Create a Tableau workbook in which you map your Google Ads data (whether it comes from: ERP, database, Excel, CSV file...)
You must retrieve at least the following attributes (it is ok if the names don't match, and it is better to add additional attributes to analyze):
2nd STEP: Upload your Tableau workbook file
On LinPack-for-Tableau.com, select 'create dashboard from template: Google Ads' and upload your Tableau workbook (note: your data is NOT uploaded).
3rd STEP: Map your attributes
Map the attributes of your workbook on the attributes of the template.
Finally, click 'Confirm & Download'... and your Google Ads dashboard is already downloading :-)
Open the Tableau workbook file you received, it will automatically reconnect to your data sources.
Your Google Ads dashboard is now ready to be used or customized!