- Channel Grouping
- Device Category
- Page Title
- Source / Medium
- Unique PageViews
- Time on Page
- Page Load Time
- ...add your own attributes!
To get your Google Analytics dashboard, you need to provide a Tableau workbook file with (at least) the following 5 attributes (the name of your attributes can differ):
- Date Reference date [ga:date] (Date used for time-series analysis)
- Channel Grouping The default channel grouping that is chared within the View (Profile) [Channel Grouping - ga:channelGrouping]
- Device Category The type of device: desktop, tablet, or mobile [Platform or Device - ga:deviceCategory]
- Page Title The title of the page [Page Tracking - ga:pageTitle]
- Country The countries of users [Users - ga:country]
- Source / Medium Traffic Source [Acquisition - ga:sourceMedium]
- PageViews The total number of pageviews for your property [Page Tracking - ga:pageviews]
- Unique PageViews The number of different (unique) pages within a session [Page Tracking - ga:uniquePageviews]
- Sessions The total number of sessions [Session - ga:sessions]
- Bounces The total number of single page (or single engagement hit) sessions for your property [Session - ga:bounces]
- Exits The number of exits from our property [Page Tracking - ga:exits]
- Time on Page How long a user spent on a particular page in seconds [Page Tracking - ga:timeOnPage]
- Page Load Time Total page load time in milliseconds [Site Speed - ga:pageLoadTime]
Your Google Analytics dashboard will contain 11 KPIs
- Total SessionsTotal number of sessions
- Session DurationAverage duration per Session (s)
- Total PageviewsTotal number of pageviews
- Avg PageviewsTotal of pageviews per session
- Avg Time on PageAverage time spent on a page (s)
- Total Unique PageviewsTotal number of pageviews
- Avg Unique PageviewsTotal of pageviews per session
- Total BouncesTotal number of bounces
- Bounce %Bounce rate
- Page Exits %Page exits rate
- Page Load TimeAverage page load time
Dashboard Pages & Data Visualizations
Your Google Analytics dashboard will contain 8 pages
Google Analytics Cockpit
Google Analytics Top Performers
Web Traffic Analytics
Creating your GOOGLE ANALYTICS dashboard Step-by-Step
You want to get a clear understanding on your Google Analytics results? You want to build a Tableau dashboard to better understand your Google Analytics data?
Using LinPack-for-Tableau.com, you can generate an eye-catching, fit-for-purpose Tableau Dashboard on your Google Analytics data in less than 5 minutes!
1st STEP: Create the initial Tableau workbook file
Create a Tableau workbook in which you map your Google Analytics data (whether it comes from: ERP, database, Excel, CSV file...)
You must retrieve at least the following attributes (it is ok if the names don't match, and it is better to add additional attributes to analyze):
2nd STEP: Upload your Tableau workbook file
On LinPack-for-Tableau.com, select 'create dashboard from template: Google Analytics' and upload your Tableau workbook (note: your data is NOT uploaded).
3rd STEP: Map your attributes
Map the attributes of your workbook on the attributes of the template.
Finally, click 'Confirm & Download'... and your Google Analytics dashboard is already downloading :-)
Open the Tableau workbook file you received, it will automatically reconnect to your data sources.
Your Google Analytics dashboard is now ready to be used or customized!